~Traveling from farmer’s market to farmer’s market has started to become exhausting, both physically and financially. And all the produce I’ve been buying has taken up fridge space. In an attempt to clear out my fridge and show off my cooking skills, I decided I would roast some vegetables. Seems pretty easy, right? It was damn near fool-proof! And now I’m sharing my recipe with you. The measurements aren’t exact (especially the spices, I kinda eyeballed it) and you can use whatever root vegetables you want. Ingredients with a ** next to them means I got them from a farmer’s market, but you can find these ingredients in any grocery store.
*Rustic Roasted Vegetables by The Garden Goddess*
~3-5 small yellow potatoes, skins on and cut into halves or quarters
~**1 shallot, peeled and sliced into rings
~3 whole garlic cloves
~**4 whole carrots, peeled
~**1 turnip, peeled and sliced
~**2 beets, peeled and sliced
~**Twisted Olive garlic infused extra virgin olive oil (you don’t have to use this particular brand, any olive oil will do)
~ coarse ground sea salt
~coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large roasting pan (or whatever large pan you roast veggies in), prepare vegetables as instructed above
- Drizzle liberally with olive oil
- Season vegetables (in no particular order)
- Stir vegetables for even coating
- Roast for 20 minutes, then take them out and stir. Cook another 20 minutes. Stir one more time.
- Check doneness of carrots and potatoes with toothpick. If the toothpick goes in without difficulty, they’re done.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did, it was the bomb! And my kitchen smells amazing! If you try out the recipe, let me know what you thought of it!