Here you can find all of my favorite recipes and even try your hand at some! Buon Appetit!
*The Goddess’ vegetable spice blend*
~ coarse ground sea salt
~coarse ground black pepper
**This spice blend is great with red meats, chicken, seafood, just about anything! And feel free to add your own spices, but these ingredients are the base**
-Approximately 1/2 pound lamb, diced into stew meat (you can find it prepackaged or ask your butcher to cut it for you)
-1 leek, sliced into rings
-1 parsnip, peeled and quartered
-1 large carrot, peeled and quartered
-4 small potatoes, quartered
-My roasted veggies spice blend, adding fresh rosemary and garam masala
-Red wine, enough to deglaze the pan
-A teaspoon of sour cream (optional)
1. Season lamb with spice blend. Save leftovers for the vegetables. In a medium pot, cook the lamb on medium low heat until lightly seared. Add red wine (I used shiraz) to deglaze the pan. Cook off the wine and lower heat.
2. Wash and prepare vegetables as above.
3. Add vegetables to pot and raise heat to medium. Season with remaining spice blend.
4. Cook for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally or until vegetables are softened and you are able to easily stick a toothpick in the veggies.
5. Once veggies are tender, cover everything in beef broth and simmer on low heat for about one hour, stirring occasionally.
6. For a touch of added creaminess, stir in a teaspoon of sour cream.
7. Serve and enjoy!
*Rustic Roasted Vegetables*
~3-5 small yellow potatoes, skins on and cut into halves or quarters
~1 shallot, peeled and sliced into rings
~3 whole garlic cloves
~4 whole carrots, peeled
~1 turnip, peeled and sliced
~2 beets, peeled and sliced
~**Twisted Olive garlic infused extra virgin olive oil (you don’t have to use this particular brand, any olive oil will do)
my Vegetable Spice Blend!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large roasting pan (or whatever large pan you roast veggies in), prepare vegetables as instructed above
- Drizzle liberally with olive oil
- Season vegetables (in no particular order)
- Stir vegetables for even coating
- Roast for 20 minutes, then take them out and stir. Cook another 20 minutes. Stir one more time.
- Check doneness of carrots and potatoes with toothpick. If the toothpick goes in without difficulty, they’re done.
*Quail Egg Omelet*
~1 golden beet, peeled and cut into quarters or sliced
~1 small red onion, diced
~2 cloves garlic, minced
~1 dozen quail eggs, beaten
~Baby spinach, about 1/2 cup
- Add butter and olive oil to a pan over medium low heat, gently roasting the garlic
- Once garlic starts to turn a light golden brown, toss in beets and onion
- Turn heat to medium to caramelize beets and onion, about 5-10 minutes
- Turn heat down to medium low heat
- Add spinach, season with salt and pepper
- Once spinach has wilted, turn down heat and add eggs
- Gently fold eggs over other ingredients
~about 2-3 ripe avocados (depending on the size of the avocados)
~1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
~1/2 red onion, finely chopped
~1 can Mexicorn (canned corn with red & green peppers added), rinsed and drained
~1 package Italian dressing mix
~1/2 cup olive oil
~1/4 cup white vinegar
~3 Tbsp water
~Salt & peper to taste
- Peel avocados, remove pits, and cut into chunks
- Finely chop red onion and to avocados
- Rinse and drain black beans and Mexicorn, then add to avocados and red onion
- Make Italian dressing as described on package
- Season with salt and pepper, mix well